Shifted

One minute I was having an argument with my wife, and the next I was in a hospital bed. Something had happened, something I still don’t understand why it happened.


I was no longer the man I used to be. I was a woman, a pregnant woman. And it was a blessing. Judging by the constant cramps, I was soon to give birth. There was a man with me. He was my husband. He helped me out through the whole ordeal.

I didn’t have time to react or tell anyone about what had happened. Minutes later I was in the delivery room, my legs spread open, my husband holding my hand, I was pushing as hard as I could. When my baby came out, I felt so happy, my hormones were all over the place, I was crying, feeling so happy for being a mother.

As I was left alone for recovery. I got a call, it was me, the former me. We couldn’t believe what had happened, we told each other we would find a way to swap back. We kept in touch.

And well, I realized that I had this woman’s memories. So, I made the best use of them. But still being a mother was no easy task. Breastfeeding, changing diapers, taking care of my little one. It was a lot of responsibility, but it made me appreciate my new life even more.

The former me arrived at my doorstep. He hugged me and said he wanted to meet the baby. He cried, but told me he didn’t want swap back. I started crying too, but not because I was sad, because I agreed.

We promised to keep in touch, and he left.

Soon enough, I was pregnant again. Life is great now.

Comentarios