Great shift

I was walking from the kitchen to my living room, when I noticed the lights were flickering, I heard a scream coming from outside my place, and then everything went blank for a second.

When I came back to my senses I was in a whole different place. I felt heavy, and I was wearing a tank top. “What the fuck?” I said as I realized I was no longer myself.


I had breasts, no equipment, long blonde hair, a sexy hot body, a sexy hot but pregnant body. It took me a few seconds to walk straight. My back hurt, my center of balance was off, and I could feel something moving inside my belly.

“Hello?” I asked, hoping for someone else to be with me. But I was alone. I looked for a phone, to call my former self . The phone unlocked by scanning my face.

“Hello? Who is this? Are you me?” I was glad to hear my voice. “I don’t know… who are you?” I asked. “I am James, I was at my late wife’s funeral, and suddenly I found myself inside the body of this young man” he said. “That young man is me! And I am now inside the body of a woman…. A pregnant woman!” I said in a disgusted tone.

As we talked I picked up my current’s body wallet. Her driver’s license was there “Kimberly” I said out loud. “What’s that?” The man on the phone asked. “I am Kimberly, according to this woman’s license” I responded. “Wait, I am at a driving distance from you” I said as I drive towards my old place.

On the way, I noticed people screaming, a couple of car accidents, multiple sirens sounding.

I knocked on my own door. “It’s open” former me said. He was watching the news. “The great shift… that’s what they are calling it” he said. “Wait, we aren’t the only ones?” I asked. “Hard to tell how many, but millions all over the world been displaced or shifted around” he responded.

“Have you called your family?” I asked. “Who? I don’t have anyone anymore” he responded. “Has… Kimberly called you?” He asked. “Not yet… but should be calling soon, I guess” I responded. Suddenly I felt some kind of pain on my stomach, “ouch ouch ouch” I said as the pain subsided. “Wait… are you having contractions?” He asked. “No… just this random pain in my stomach” I responded. “Oh sweetheart, you are going to be in labor soon” he explained.

“Oh no no no! I can’t! I am a guy! I am you!” I said. “Sorry, maybe there will be a way to take everyone back to their former bodies, but you must go to the hospital” he said. He offered to drive me, as the following contraction started. 

There I was, a pregnant woman, being driven by the former me to the hospital. But what happened there, was even more scary. Doctors were overwhelmed, most of them were not even really doctors. A man dressed like a doctor, was crawling and laughing like a baby. A woman dressed as a hooter’s waitress approached us. She explained she used to be a respected 60 year old gynecologist, and he took me to the labor room.

I stayed there for at least 5 hours. Until I had to push out my baby. James… the former me was there to help me all the way through. Breathing with me, holding my hand. You should have seen his eyes light up as I held my baby for the first time.

I had been through a lot that day. I even had to feed my newborn. It felt weird having such a small human being sucking on my nipples. But as he sucked my left breast dry, I felt a sense of relief.

I hate to make a long story short. But the real Kimberly didn’t ever call me. She might have ended up in the body of a baby, or something. James assumed my life. I thought him everything about me. Kimberly, me, wasn’t married. Well she didn’t use to be married, because James and I got married two months ago.

And let me tell you, once my first born reaches 1 year of age, we are going to be looking for our next baby. In the mean time we became the perfect couple.




All shifties were required to register. But we didn’t, James learned everything about me because of all my pointers. And no one was going to question the word of a new mother. After all my baby needs me.

Comentarios