Wish box 3. A new sister

“What should I wish next?” I asked myself. I could wish to become a man again, or… “I know! Would you like to be my sister?” I asked my cat lucky. She was still licking herself. “I’ll take that as a yes” I said.

I wrote my wish, and placed it inside the box. Suddenly Lucky stopped what she was doing and started becoming human. She looked just like me, but with short brunette hair. “Hey sis, so, does your box work?” She asked. 

Just as expected, she didn’t even remember she used to be a cat. “Actually better than you can imagine” I responded.


She then started talking about guys at college. I found that funny, I had to tell her the truth. “Wait, what? I used to be a cat?” She asked. “Named lucky, you were quite cute actually” I told her,  “But I would rather have you as my sister” I added.

“Apparently, only the person that makes the wish remembers the truth” I told her. “Maybe we can solve that with another wish” she said. She quickly wrote, “i wish we always remember our real lives, not withstanding who made the wish” she said as she placed the wish in the box. 

“What the…” she said, “… I used to be a guy named Larry, then Laura, then a cat, and I am now your sister” she said as we both remembered what had happened.

“We got to be more careful!” I said. “Do you want to turn back?” I asked her. “Hell no, we are sisters now” she responded.

“What to wish next…” i asked out loud. “I know!” She said, she started writing, “i wish that for one week…” she placed the piece of paper inside the box. Suddenly we were transported to Italy.

We were embraced on a kiss. Our skin marble white, we couldn’t move, but we could hear, see, and feel everything.


For a whole week we were a famous sculpture that people would awe at, and take pictures. The rain and the sun didn’t bother me at all. I mean I felt how hot I would get on a sunny day, but it just didn’t feel good or bad.

One week later we were back to being ourselves. “That was amazing” my sister said. “That was sublime” I added.

“What to wish next?” My sister asked.


Comentarios