Mannequin Story

I was minding my own business at the mall when a woman about my age walked towards me. “Remember me?” She asked. “I… I don’t” I answered being a little confused. “Well, you will remember me after this you a-hole” she said. The moment she said “a-hole” I realized who she was, she is Kat, and she used to bey classmate, she was my classmate back in junior high. She was cool, but I played a prank on her, and the whole school made fun of her.


Anyways, she touched my arm, and I froze in place. “I  hope you like being a peace of plastic… because that’s what you’ll be until you learn your lesson” she said. I couldn’t say a thing, I couldn’t move. She unscrewed my arm, and took my shirt off. She then placed my arm back on. And took the rest of my clothes on. I could see, but I couldn’t blink. 


She snapped a pic, and showed it to me. “You look beautiful as a mannequin, a female mannequin” she joked. I would have screamed if I could.

I remained a mannequin so many weeks. I lost count. I was dressed in different ways. The employees at the store just treated me like another mannequin. 

One week I even spent in storage, disassembled. 


When they put me back together I was in a different pose. Something had allowed me to move a little bit. I saw Kat walking around the store. She came to see me and giggled. “You sure look scared… Kim” she said and showed me a pic. “Well, at least that means you will be back in human form soon. I hope there are no hard feelings and we can be friends” she said and left.


No one seemed to mind I was a mannequin in a scared position. I spent months like that. Sometimes I didn’t even remember who I used to be. And I did like when people looked at me, made feel beautiful.

Sometimes I dozed off for hours or even days at a time. One night, I relived the day I made fun of Kat. It was a lucid dream. I apologize to Kat. And I cried in my dream. I hadn’t even noticed that in that dream I was not a mannequin, I was a woman, I was Kim.


And just like that I was not a mannequin anymore. My first steps in real life were awkward, my legs were stiff, my skin was soft. But I liked being Kim. I walked out of the store, barefoot. But I didn’t care. I felt alive. 

Kat showed up,  “there you are” she said and hugged me. “Welcome to womanhood” she said. I thanked her. 



Comentarios