The tribe

Life was a lot different for me a year ago. I was a man, an archeologist. I was hired to do some work near a violent native tribe. They were all men, and from time to time they would get near me. I seemed to gain their trust. They didn’t attack me. 

One day, I found a stone with some engraving in a creek. As soon as I did, everything changed. Immediately I knew what had happened, the stone had turned me into a woman. 

“Shit” I said in my new voice. I realized that I had to get out of there  the all men tribe could get the wrong idea. 

But it was to late. They were already there. And they started chanting. I looked around, trying to make sense of it all. Did they plant the stone themselves? Is that why they had been kind with me?


I tried to stand up, but the muddy ground was slippery and I kept falling. I noticed the stone engraving started glowing. And that’s when I started to feel dizzy, almost trance like.

I looked down, my skin was getting darker. And my chest even tighter.

I swear I could understand some of the words they were saying. “One of us, one of the tribe” the chant continued.


I was worried. But little by little I started to feel more and more relaxed. Like I really belonged there.

My skin was sweaty, and kinda muddy. I grabbed the stone and took a good look at it. The words that were engraved were now readable to me “fertility”.

I looked at the tribe men. They looked handsome. Their leader extended his arm. 


He helped me up. “Welcome” he said and smiled. I smiled back. He didn’t need to explain anything. I knew why I was there. 

He guided me to his village. Where, we did it, in front of everybody as it was part of the ritual. They cheered when we climaxed. 

Afterwards, I thanked them all. They called me “mother”.  


My husband, took me around the village, where I was shown as his prized possession. I didn’t complain. I smiled, still somewhat sore down there, with some of his seed still dripping down from my crotch.

Nine months later. We did the birthing ritual. Where I was taken back to the creek where I was transformed. It felt different. I was now part of the tribe. And I didn’t like outsiders either. 


I sat on the ground. As the contractions had gotten worse. The village witch, an old man, helped me push my baby out. It was painful, it was wonderful. And afterwards. I felt more alive than ever.

That was 6 months ago, I live for my baby, and for the tribe. I enjoy having him latch onto my breast and suck it dry. 



The stone is close to me, I don’t need it, but I feel like it is a reminder of who I used to be. One day, I will take back to the creek. Maybe some other man would get to join our tribe. 

Comentarios