My friend the aspiring wizard

My friend Josh thought it would be funny to have me transform into a 40 year old woman. It is quite obvious, he didn’t tell me what he was about to do. He said he had a spell he wanted to try. The changes were almost instantaneous. One minute I was his 16 year old friend, and seconds later I was a 40 year old woman.


Of course I was surprised, of course I felt awkward. “What? Why?” I asked. “I just never met my mom, and well…” he said, as I interrupted him and asked “… you turned me into your late mom? You know how weird and demented that is?”. 

“Sorry, I’ll turn you back….” He said with a sad face. But that’s when it hit me, maybe I can pretend the spell is altering my mind” I thought. “Wait… maybe I can be your mom for a couple of days… but I’ll be your mom, not your friend” I told him. “Sure! That is awesome… mom” he said and giggled. “But what about your dad… my husband… won’t he be scared to see me alive?” I asked. “No… he’s out for the weekend…” he said. 

“Ok… so… I am your mom… starting now” I said. Suddenly the medallion I was wearing started glowing. And my mind started getting a new bunch of memories. I started to feel like Josh’s mother. But I tried not telling him.

I acted out the part of being Josh’s mother. I nagged him a little, but I also heard what he had to say. We even played a board game. I realized there wasn’t much of a connection between us, so, without him realizing, I used a similar spell on him. He was no longer my son Josh, but my daughter Josie.


She looked mad at me. “Don’t look at me like that young lady…. You wanted a mom, now you have a mother, and you are my daughter” I told her. I took her to the spa. Where we had a nice mother-daughter time. I caught her checking out guys, I just laughed it up.

But the. i came clean, I told her I really felt like her mom. “And I really feel like a woman” she said. Might’ve been the spell, but we decided to stay in our new forms.

We got the spell book out, and decided to alter not only my husband’s memory, but reality. Josh was born Josie, I was never in that fatal car accident, and well, I was still married to Josie’s father.

Everything changed for us that weekend. But that is fine, we became much better than what we had ever been.



Comentarios