Detective

 


A beautiful woman in her twenties came to my office. She told me the most unbelievable story. She said she used to be a guy named Patrick, but some girl named Kylie stole his body, and left him in her body. “I need you to find evidence of who I used to be, and fin a way back for me” she said.

Of course I didn’t believe her, she probably used to date Patrick and now wants revenge. But I accepted the job. I knew it was a lost cause, but she paid upfront.

I followed Patrick for days. He seemed to have the most boring job and life. No one in their right mind would swap lives with him. I had no choice, I had to confront him, find out who that Kylie woman really was. 

I befriended Patrick. I was right he was boring, and he seemed to be missing something in his life. “You need a girlfriend dude” I told him after a fee weeks of hanging out with him. “You are right…” he said as he poured some beer in a glass for me. It was strongest beer 8 had ever tried, but I didn’t give it much thought.

What happened next feels like a dream. I felt like I was floating, and I couldn’t really hear what Patrick was saying. I passed out. When I woke up, I was in bed, and feeling a lot different. “Why am I wearing a bra?”


“Wait? My skin is soft… i’ve got long hair! My… it’s gone!” I screamed. Patrick entered the room, “you turned out prettier than I thought” he said. “You… you did this to me?” I asked. “Well, yes… similar to what I did to the real Patrick… or Kylie as she now goes by” he said. He knew everything about me and her. “I thought about swapping bodies with you, but I think you’ll be more useful as a girlfriend than anything else” he said. “No no no… turn me back! Let me go!” I demanded. “Can’t do sweetheart. You might still have your mind, but I promise in a few days you’ll accept the new you, and be loyal to me” he said. I jumped out of bed, and escaped his home. “See you soon” he yelled as I ran away.

The first thing I did was to look for Kylie. She was acting a lot different, and when I asked her about Patrick, she said she dated a Patrick months ago,  but she was over him.


She didn’t remember a thing, not even hiring a private detective. I was worried I would suffer the same date, forgetting who I was. I wrote everything I could about me in a small notebook with the intention of keeping it with me at all times.

But that was futile, eventually the new me took control. I went back to Patrick, I told him about the notebook and we laughed it up. I knew who I used to be, but I was now Patrick’s straight, beautiful, and faithful girlfriend, and nothing will ever change that.



Comentarios