My grandmother’s diary



After my nana passed away, my mom gave me her diary. “This was your grandmother’s diary” she said as she handed me an old envelope with a dusty old notebook inside. “So?” I asked. “Well, she asked that you keep it, and read it” my mom said. “That is weird” I said, but I thought maybe it is worth some money, so I accepted it.

Days passed as I forgot about it. One night I stumbled into it as I looked for my old watch in a drawer. I decided to read it. I grabbed a random page, and read about a party she went dressed in a Fancy blue dress. I fell asleep while reading.

I actually dreamt about my grandmother’s party, from her point of view. There I was wearing the blue dress, flirting with a man. It didn’t feel off, it felt right. I even made out with the guy. I adjusted my dress and went back to the party.

Suddenly I woke up. “What the fuck?” I said realizing the dream felt way too real. Anyways, I grabbed another random page of her diary, read it, and went back to sleep.


I felt sexy. I looked down and saw my body, I was a woman, and I never knew she used to be this hot back in the day. I looked in the mirror and I could tell I was her again. The man from the party entered the room. And we embraced each other. I was all over him, and he kept on pushing his crotch area against me.

I was along for the ride, reliving what I had read from her diary. I felt like I was in control, although I had no choice but to do what was written. I woke up as he was about to take my panties off.

That’s when I realized that the more I dreamt about her, the more I felt different. I took the diary and hid it in my close it.

I went to sleep one more time. This time I don’t remember what I dreamt. In the morning I woke up, I went to college, and came back. Like if nothing had changed.

At night, I picked up the diary once again. I read the first page. Where my grandma described one of the first parties she attended.

Once again, when I felt asleep, I lived what I had just read. I looked at myself in the mirror. She was young and beautiful. “I might been a man yesterday, but now I am a woman, and the same will happen to you. Make sure to start your diary soon” I said out loud. It was weird, but in my dream state I didn’t give it any thought.


I flirted with guys, talked like a girl with friends. And eventually I woke up again. This time the words she had said resonated with me. I stood up to go to the bathroom, I felt somewhat off balance. But the truth about my new reality did not hit me, until I pulled down my pants, and tried to pee. “What the f*ck!” I screamed. My mom rushed to my room. She looked at me and smiled. “So, you finally read the diary?” She asked as she looked at my female body. “Mom! You were aware this will happen?” I asked. “Well, yes, I mean, I was born a girl, but your grandma, your aunt Bertha, and you were not” she said. “But… won’t everyone remember the former me?” I asked. “Nope, clueless, only our blood notices the changes” she said. My dad showed up right on time. “Hey sweetheart, what’s with all the screaming?” He asked. “Nothing daddy, nightmare I guess” I said. My mom giggled., after my dad left the room, my mom turned on the lights, revealing how much everything had changed. 

“But I had a date today with Jennifer…” I said, and realized that can no longer be “… with Stephen… oh shit, I actually feel attracted to him”. My mom giggled, “welcome to womanhood sweetheart”.


Since that day, I have become Natalie. I started a diary of my own. And on the first page I repeated the same words my grandma had said. In the future, some of my family may need to read to accept their new forms.


Comentarios