Mannequin

It all started while I waited for my girlfriend at the expensive clothing store. I couldn’t believe the prices. I just laughed at every price label I read. 

Suddenly I was pricked by one sharp label. I started to feel ill. I ran to the bathroom, I needed to throw up. After a couple of minutes I felt better, although somewhat hallow.

Suddenly three store clerks gather around me, I couldn’t even react, they took all my man clothes and put some girly looking clothes on me. “I have breasts?” I asked, but they ignored me.


Then, they looked at me, “better try something else” they once again took my clothes off and put something else on me. “I am not a woman, I am a man…” my lips shut in place before I could say anything else.


They took off my hair, like if I was wearing a wig, and put a pink wig on my head. I felt stiff, I could barely move. Then i noticed my skin looked kind of like plastic, I could no longer move. I could see, hear and feel, but I was nothing more than a piece of plastic used to display clothes.

“Has anyone seen my boyfriend” I heard my girlfriend ask. But they told her they didn’t know what she was talking about. They even convinced her she came in alone. She looked confused, she even took a good look at me and didn’t recognize me.


I spent a long time being a simple mannequin. Taken apart and put back together. Sometimes with my arm mixed from another mannequin. I learned to appreciate the expensive clothes they put on me. I even felt excited every time I got new clothes on.

One day I saw another mannequin come back to live. But she was too far gone, she begged to be turned back again. “I’m not human, I can’t be human, I want to be a piece of plastic again” she demanded. They took her away, I don’t know what happened.

Anyways, here I am, still stuck, hoping for this nightmare to end. “Maybe one day”.




Comentarios