My dad was fascinated with alternate realities. When I was young, we used to talk about it all the time, how would it work, how dangerous was the butterfly effect, and so on.
One day, he called me and told me he figured it out. He showed me a small machine, he entered a date, and he said he would travel back in time and change one small thing. He came back, and he looked surprises to see me. “Didn’t work” I said. “Wait, you used to be my son, and you are a girl now” he explained. “No dad, very funny, I’ve always been a girl” I responded. “Just to humor you, what did you change?” I asked. “Mom and I… well first night together… I made it more romantic” he said. “Ewww dad… but that explains the change” I said. “I’ll go back again and turn you back” he said. “No wait, I don’t remember that, don’t turn me into a guy” I said. “Anyways, I am late for work, we can try more time meddling tomorrow” I said as I put on my apron, kissed that on his cheek, and left.
I spent the day as I always remembered myself doing. Preparing coffee, flirting with customers, and talking to my work friends.
As I left work for lunch I started to feel ill. Suddenly I was at home, dressed all black just like I like it.
“There you are” my dad said. “What do you want dad?” I asked him, “I’m waiting for my date” I said. He the went on talking about his whole time travel thing. “That bullshit again dad? Don’t you think if it was real we would know more about it?” I mocked him. “I don’t like this you, but I will change it” he said as he walked down to the basement. “Damn he is such a geek” I said.
I started to feel dizzy. Suddenly I was at home, I was almost naked, ready to have As I was getting in the mood, my dad called. “What a turn off” I said as I picked up the phone. “Hey dad, how are you?” I asked. He then asked me how I was doing and if my life was fulfilling. I thought he had found out I was cheating on my husband, so I started crying. “I take that as a no” he said.
“I can solve that” he said as he hung up. I cleaned my tears. And pulled my lover towards me, and embraced him in a kiss.
I felt incredibly dizzy.
I opened my eyes I was at the olympics. I have been training for this so much. I knew I would get a medal with ease. The judges agreed with me. I got a gold medal. I was so happy, so fulfilled.My dad was with me. “I have been trying to get you back to being a man, but had no luck so far” he said. I knew he was talking about his theory of time travel, and how changing one thing may change everything. I did in fact believe him, after all, we have been studying and talking about time travel for all my life.
“Dad… I don’t remember any of that” I said, “But I am happy as I am”. I hugged him, he responded with “I know”.
I called dad, he was amazed, “It is the bleeding effect” he said. Those memories felt foreign, and thankfully it was easy knowing what was real, and what was from my alternate self.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario